AdiumX86 library install
 Adium X
Multi-protocol Chat Client (MSN, AIM, ICQ, Jabber) - http://www.adiumx.com/
Launch it and check if you can add a MSN or AIM account in the preferences. If only Bonjour works, follow the following instructions (you need XCode, install it from TigerX86 DVD):
 Installing the gettext and libiconv libraries
- Get source package at DarwinPort (Direct download)
- Extract files using the Finder
- Open terminal and browse to the darwin_port folder
- Type the following commands:
sudo make install
- Synchronize DarwinPort's database with this command:
- Then install the gettext library with this command:
sudo /opt/local/bin/port install gettext
- Launch Adium and enjoy!
The process should install libiconv automatically. If it still doesn't work, use the following command to force libiconv install: sudo /opt/local/bin/port install libiconv
[many thanks to Lamer0 for porting this great app, and Sampson for explaining how to make it work in this topic]
This page was last modified on 21 December 2005, at 10:00.
This page has been accessed 4,328 times.