DG33BU Audio

From OSx86
Jump to: navigation, search

Anyway, enough about the system, down to more pressing matters...

To Install the ALC888 drivers for this version of the system, there are many options available but this is the only one that i found worked for me...

My findings are based on the following thread by Rammjet *Thanks alot for the help man!!!* It may essentially seem the same, but you have to make sure to repair permissions after everything else or it WILL NOT WORK.

Here you go...

The Guide by RAMMJET

I have yet to see the definitive guide here on getting ALC882 sound working. The best one I've seen comes from aRt on another forum and this is it (with some modifications):

How to get HD audio working - sound for ya!!!

Before doing anything, make sure you install the Azalia sound package with the Uphuck/TubGirl install disc....


1) Backup AppleHDA.kext:

In Terminal, type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions sudo mkdir audio_backup sudo mv AppleHDA.kext audio_backup/


2) Edit AppleAzaliaAudio.kext:

In Terminal, type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Search for IOHDAudioCodecVendorID (press Ctrl + W)

Find:

<key>IOHDAudioCodecVendorID</key> <string>0x10ec0880</string>

Change <string>0x10ec0880</string> -- to -- <string>0x10EC0888</string>

Exit pico: press Ctrl + O to save and then Ctrl + X to exit

In Terminal, type:

sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Search for IOPCIPrimaryMatch (press Ctrl + W)

Find:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key> <string>0xNNNN8086</string> (where NNNN are any 4 characters)

Change <string>0xNNNN8086</string> -- to -- <string>0x055C10DE</string> (note: for ALC882, the string is probably correct without any edit)

Exit pico: press Ctrl + O to save and then Ctrl + X to exit


3) Clean up the system:

In Terminal, type:

sudo diskutil repairpermissions / sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleAzaliaAudio.kext sudo chmod -R 755 AppleAzaliaAudio.kext cd /System/Library sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache

4) Then finally in the terminal type:

diskutil repairpermissions /


Reboot and the sound should now be working!!!!!!


      • The RED is what you MUST type into the terminal
      • The GREEN is the vendor ID followed by the device ID (this is the code i found for my mobo through windows)
      • The BLUE is the device ID followed by the vendor ID (this is the code i found for my mobo through windows)

To find your vendor and device ID for your soundchip, have a look at RAMMJET's thread here - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=18642&hl=ALC888+audio - and you can even use his way of doing it, but it is not a definate working solution to ALC888 whereas this one is!

AND DONT USE ANY OTHER .kext FILES THAN THE AZALIA ONES INCLUDED WITH THE UPHUCK 1.3 INSTALLER!!

Now go listen to some heavy metal at top volume.... you know you want to


  • If anyone has any problems with this, leave a comment and i will try to help.


Appendix

The following information might help you get your ALC8xx sound out working. The strings that are replaced in the guide above are for Realtek ALC882 only. For other versions of ALC8xx sound or if you are having trouble getting ALC882 sound working, we need to determine the vendor and device ids of the audio device and the audio hub. There are no guarantees that this will get your sound working, but I am pretty sure this also works for ALC880, ALC888, ALC861 and maybe others.

To do this, go into Windows, then go to Device Manager:

Step A. Under "Sound, video and game controllers", select "Realtek High Definition Audio". Get Properties and then click on the Detail tab. Record the vendor and device ids.

As an example, in this picture, the set of id's are vendor = "10EC" and device = "0882"

Image Reduced

(58.54K)


Step B. Under "System devices", find "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver For High Definition Audio" and also get the vendor and device ids.

In this picture, the set of id's are vendor = "8086" and device = "27D8"

Image Reduced

(70.46K)


Now, using The Guide above, substitute the following:

Instead of the string "0x10ec0882", use a new string constructed from the vendor id and device id from Step A. above. It should be of the form 0x + (vendor id) + (device id). Like: 0x + 10ec + 0882 = 0x10ec0882

Instead of the string "0x27d88086", use a string constructed from the vendor id and device id from Step B. above. However, it should be of the form 0x + (device id) + (vendor id). Note that this is backwards from the previous string.


This page was last modified on 24 November 2010, at 03:22.
This page has been accessed 13,805 times.
Powered by MediaWiki © 2013 OSx86 Project  |   InsanelyMac  |   Forum  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain   |   Privacy policy   |   About OSx86   |   Disclaimers