Darwine allows the Windows API to be created in x11 terminal, and thus run win32 applications through the help of Winehelper. I would like to take the opportunity to thank the Darwine team for their great achievements of porting the open-source Wine to Mac OS X.
New Forums For Darwine Available At http://forum.osx86project.org/ Programmers Wanted!
 Information and News
- An updated install guide has been posted in the forum for 10.4.6 here
- An updated install guide has been posted in the forum for 10.4.4 and 10.4.5 here
- 10.4.3 is missing some necessary system calls and therehttp://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Darwine&action=edit§ion=1fore cannot build/run wine with that patch.
Darwine is a port of Wine to Mac OS X. The Wine homepage states:
Wine is an Open Source implementation of the Windows API on top of X and Unix.
Think of Wine as a compatibility layer for running Windows programs. Wine does not require Microsoft Windows, as it is a completely free alternative implementation of the Windows API consisting of 100% non-Microsoft code, however Wine can optionally use native Windows DLLs if they are available. Wine provides both a development toolkit for porting Windows source code to Unix as well as a program loader, allowing many unmodified Windows programs to run on x86-based Unixes, including Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris.
>>Up-to-date OS X binaries are available from the WineBottler project!<<
An OSx86 binary is available here.
CodeWeavers, the developer of CrossOver Office and the CrossOver Plugin, has already announced a port of CrossOver Office to the Macintosh platform. CrossOver Office makes it easier to install many applications on Wine, including Microsoft Office for Windows. Please note that Microsoft itself is producing Office for Mac. -As of April 23rd, Codeweavers has already released Crossover for MacOSX (Intel only). Current version is 6.01.
 Known Flaws
- Darwine doesn't have working sound at this time.
- Windows XP-only applications don't run correctly.
Many bugs will be fixed over time, eventually bringing Darwine to the level of WINE on native x86 Linux.
- Darwine Guide - on this page you can find the guide to setting up Darwine and installing an application.
- Working Applications in Darwine - This is an up-to-date list of working applications and how we got them running. Please input applications you have gotten working and show how you ran them and other useful information. Look how the other applications were listed for reference.
- Darwine Forum Thread - This was where the news was first announced.
- Darwine Project Page - Darwine Homepage.
-  - Darwine Download Page
This page was last modified on 1 October 2011, at 14:50.
This page has been accessed 560,891 times.