The following list shows all parts which are incompatible with OSx86 10.4.1.
 Unsupported Chipsets
JMicron (not detect ATA devices) .
ULi(ALi) M1689 (not detected LAN, Audio, ATA, SATA) . .
 Unsupported Network
If you want to work on a driver, have look at the Tulip driver. 
- Marvell Yukon GigabitEthernet 10/100/1000Base-T <- Is detected correctly by installer, but not by installed OS X
- Sis 900 10/100 (tested onboard ethernet on Asus A2000H also known as A2H - pci id 1039:0900 (rev 90))
- ENUWI-G 802.11G pen adapter (Encore usb 2.0 wireles)
- Onboard NVIDIA nForce4 Networking Controller
- Asus WL-138G Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Marvell W8300 802.11 Adapter (rev 07) The pciid is 11ab:1fa6 dont exist under mac os-x
- Marvell Libertas 802.11b/g Wireless PCI
 Unsupported Printers
- HP Deskjet 882C With USB connection
- HP OfficeJet 7210 although works via emulation of 995C although final print isn't as good as native 7210
- HP Deskjet 3845
- HP Deskjet 3420
- HP OfficeJet G55
- Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi
- Creative Labs SBLive! (non-usb)
- Emagic Audiowerk 8/2 - PCI
- Sound Blaster Audigy PCI
- M-Audio Omnistudio USB
- Echo Layla20 - PCI
- TEVION TV Tuner, Radio, and Capture Card
- AverMedia Go 007
- Silicon Image (SiI) SATA controllers will not work for boot ("still waiting for root device"). Common chip on add-in SATA & RAID cards and on NForce mobos.
- Intel Webcam Pro (CS430)
- Logitech QuickCam
- TANDBERG DATA keyboards
- Pinnacle AV/DV Multimedia Card (Made for Win only, will never work on OSX)
- Toshiba SD Card Controller Type-A
- SMC IrCC - FIR
- Leadtek Winfast DV2000 Capture Card (might be a Windows conflict)
- CardBus bridge: Toshiba America Info Systems ToPIC95 PCI to Cardbus Bridge with ZV Support (rev 32)
- Razer Copperhead USB Mouse (Works Fine, Actuall Firmware)
- VIA Chipset USB, neither USB 2.0 nor USB 1.1
- PCTV Sat Satelite TV card by pinacle dont work at all
- SoundMax High Definition Audio - Adi 1986
 FibreChannel HBA
- QLogic QLA2000, QLA2100, QLA2200
- Iomega Zip 250 Parallel Port
- Promise Ultra100/133 TX2 IDE Controller on PCI Bus
- Promise SATA378 IDE Controller (haven't tested RAID mode)
- ASUS CD/DVD
- Seagate Barracuda 250Gb IDE HDD not works at all, only recognize it as 120Gb and format as it. If you want partition disk for mac an PC, you can't do that, the partition for 120Gb for mac uses the entire 250Gb :s
 Unsupported Motherboards
 MSI K9N Neo (MS-7260)
with nVidia nForce 550 Chipset/AMD Athlon 64 3000+ CPU/1 GB RAM Samsung/200GB IDE -> restarts in 0.1 seconds after loading kernel.
If option 'platform=ACPI' given, shows kernel panic "Cannot find driver for a platform: ACPI" [this boot option works well on other compatible PCs and VMWare], so there can be problems with nForce 550 chipset.
Using option 'platform=X86PC|ACPI' will boot fine.
MoBo is working here with AMD Athlon 64X2 3800+, 1 GB DDR2 Ram, PATA Disk not working: only one core reported / no ethernet (nForce 550 integrated) / no nForce SATA (used JAS 10.4.8)
Not working here. Stuck at "Unable to find ACPI driver" if ACPI is turned off at BIOS. Stuck at "using 2621 buffers and ..." if its turned on. Specs - AMD AM2 3000+, MSI K9N Neo, Inno3d 7300GT, 1Gb RAM
JaS 10.4.8 Installed via vmware method . Native boot OK. Everything works fine except SATA not supported . Note:ALC883 need this.(http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=6726) (AMD Athlon 64X2 3800+ , 1 GB DDR2 RAM , Galaxy 7300GT) .
 MSI K8N Neo3 (MS-7135)
With nVidia nForce4-4x Chipset/AMD Sempron 2600+ CPU/1Gb RAM Seagate 60Gb HD -> restarts in 0.1 seconds after loading kernel. If booting kernel in Safemode (-x) loads kernel, lots of lines of modules loading and restarts automatically about 1 min after. No go with any other boot options. .
 Unsupported Laptops
- Acer TravelMate 2410 - It just stops when the graphical interface appears
- Acer Travelmate 4402 WLMi
- Acer TravelMate 4502 WLMi - problem with wireless, sound, keyboard, graphics(res only 1024x768)
- Acer TravelMate 4650
- Acer Aspire 3630 – No keyboard (USB Keyboard OK), no CD/DVD drive, no wifi/ethernet, etc…
- Acer Aspire 5002 WLMi
- Acer Aspire 5022 WLMi - Still waiting for root device" - Works on VMware, however installer and a copied image both fail to boot
- Acer Ferrari 4005 WLMi (AMD Turion ML-37 2.0G) - "Still waiting for root device" - Works on VMware, however installer and a copied image both fail to boot
- Acer Aspire 3642NWXC - It will reboot just before the installing graphical interface appears.
- Acer Aspire 3004 - (Mobile AMD Semprom 3100+) - O.S. v10.4.7 - "Still waiting for root device" - As 4005 WLMi, works on VMware, however installer and a copied image both fail to boot.
- Acer TravelMate 3010 3012 3020 3022 3030 3032 WTMI , all works fine with some patching (sound lan PCCard cardreader (no wifi intel abg #@$%@^)
- Asus A2000H
basic works just fine, but networktivity seems impossible, please help if you find solution.
- Asus P4S800D-X (motherboard)
basic works just fine, but network and sound dont work.
- Asus S200n (notebook)
OS X 10.4.4 installed and working but cannot get internal network or sound working. Installed Tulip but it did not help.
- Asus P4S800 (motherboard)
Don't work, even with a ghosted install (10.4.8 and below)
- Asus A6m Q049
Os X 10.4.8 doesn't work
- Joybook 6000
Can't boot from Install-DVD as it's USB-Drive, VMware-to-native stops with "Still waiting for Root Device". So far, no one came up with a solution.
- Joybook S53WS07
- Satellite 1135-s155
- Satellite M45-S351
- Satellite M45-s265: Hangs at boot
- Satellite M35-s359: Hangs at boot .
- Satellite A215-S4807: Hangs at boot
- Satellite U405D-S2582
- 700Z/700US and all 700 series
- Presario 2500 series: PCMCIA card error
- Armada 110
- V5101US - Partially working. Can install and boot native with Myzar 10.4.6. The following hardware does not work.
-Video: Radeon 200M Stuck at 1024x768, no widescreen, no QE/CI //maybee widescreen works with Callisto Drivers Build 3 -dave87
~Radical Edward - Can't get anything other than 1024x768 as well but widescreen works from default install (10.4.6 Myzars) So far no sound either.
-WiFi: Broadcom 802.11b/g mini-PCI (has hardware switch that does not work in OSX to turn on/off)
Works but is very unreliable, works if it was turned on in windows before shutting down occasionally. It constantly turns on and off and when it is on, OS X doesn't realize it...
-Sound: Conexant AMC Audio. May work with AC97 driver, but have not tested.
- EDIT: Onboard Conexant HD Audio works with AppleAzalia.kext. Search InsanelyMac forum for download. .
Presario SG3109LA And Series. Motherboard Non-compatible. (Still Waiting for root device).
- Gateway mx7118
Does not install, ATI Xpress x200M chipset, still waiting for root device, but Suse 10.1 with XGL works :)
*If it is a 200M and not an x200 chipset like the mt3707, try booting with just one cpu.
Re: It is Mobile Athlon64 3400 and has 1 core, so cpus=1 doesn't help, however it takes Kalyway 10.5.1 but keeps on rebooting on restart, cannot even get to single user mode.
*Re: Try using leo4all v3, and use a USB DVD+R/DVD ROM drive. Also try a USB drive adapter, and connect the internal HDD
to that. This technique worked perfect for me.
- Gateway MX3414
Does not install. Doesn't recognized the disk in the drive.
- Gateway mt3707
Press F8 for boot options and type "cpus=1" (without quotes) to boot up with only one cpu and it should work just fine. . .
- HP pavilion ze4500
- HP pavilion dv1000 (dv1432) [osx86-10.4.4] - installs only with a external monitor plugged in (or else it freezes in a blueish screen). does work perfectly when already booted and with both the lcd and the external monitor, and after you can unplugg the monitor. No way to boot it without the external monitor... ethernet card is not recognized and did not find any expectations about the wireless intel 2200BG, other than one guy who is trying to developping it. did not find any solution fot the monitor problem. the sound simply works. battery shows nowhere... I am searching for battery status support yet. other stuff not tested yet (usb/firewire/mmcards/modem/svideo/pcmcia/ired (the remote works fine since (I think it works as a keyboard redundant with some extra key sequences. did not try to make it work, IR with other stuff like cellphone etc..)))
- HP Pavilion dv1000 (dv1107ea, bought in France) - [osx86 - 10.4.8, JaS] - booted, installed NO PROBLEM. Used Transmac to burn ISO file to make install DVD and did not need an external monitor. Wifi will not work, sleep and dvd do not work. But it is FAST (have 784 M RAM), and it works. Graphics at 1028x760 are a little weird. Internet only with Ethernet Realtek card. Battery status fine.
- HP pavilion zd8250la Could install on 2nd partition ok, but hangs in boot up process. After a short time showing the gray apple boot up screen it comes up with a small circle with a diagnal line through it (no entre type sign) I presume it cannot access the HD to fully boot up correctly. Pressing "F8" at boot up and typing in "-x -v plaform=X86PC" I actually got to SEE the error message. "Still waiting for root device". I will keep trying :-/ - Solved :-) Nice OSX86 running. I read somewhere that during the installation "Don't be a dumb monkey" and press continue, continue.... during the installation process. So, I chose "customize", and installed AMD, Intel patches" - everything works except sound, working on that now... and low rez for me 17" wide. How did you solve the still waiting for root device error?
- HP 500. can't width screen, and network (wire/wireless)
 Packard Bell
w3301 sempron 3000 1gb ram ATI Radeon XPress 200M Chipset ULi M1573 South Bridge
 Sony Vaio
- PCG-GRX316MP - still waiting for root device
- VGN-FE660G - still waiting for root device
- (update: 4/4/2007) 10.4.6 FREEZES @ "Com.Apple.Driver.AppleIntel8254 XEthernet" ending with the following processes:
- GFX0: family specific matching fails
- display: family specific matching fails
- matching service count=2
- display: match category IOFramebuffer exists
- GFX0: match category IOFramebuffer exists
- GFX0: family specific matching fails
- VGN-FE790G - 0b error
- PCG-GRZ615M (DE) - did not find any keyboard
- VGN-FS270 - when boot DVD , crash on usb detected. die die
- VGN-A397XP - when boot crashes on usb detection and set to kernel panic
- VGN-SZ440N11 - Still waiting for the root device
- VGN-FZ31M - kernel panic
 Unsupported PCs
- HP pavilion a230n
- HP Pavilion a1320n (I don't think they meant that ^^)
 Fujitsu Lifebook N3510
Just will now allow 10.4.3. JaS Patched 4.2b to install I've tried to connect external USB DVD ROM drive, bios will not boot e as CSSDSD SAD
 Specialized PCs
- Motion Computing m1400 - Fails to boot (Waiting for root device) All the hardware seems to be compatable and VMWare works great. The issue seems to be with the USB dvd drive...
anyone else try this? I have the same device and it's gathering dust. wouldn't mind finding out if this is worth the time/effort.
- DRLIGHT EDIT
- my co-worker has successfully installed JaS - 10.4.8 on an m1400 with full functionality except for the wacom-tablet-screen. even with common mac wacom hack-apps it is still non-fucntional. From my own experience using the m1400 i know that the tablet element is a little wonky - it doesnt play exactly well with the normal wacom drivers. Experienced no issues with installing from USB - perhaps the newer release works w. USB.
Virtualbox under Windows will not boot up any OSX86 CD and get to installation when running on Windows Vista: Unable to find SMBIOS table. Setting Platform=ACPI has no effect.
Virtual PC 2004 dies a horrible death (kernel panic) when attempting to boot OSX x86.
Virtual PC 2007 Beta also dies a similar horrible death with associated panicing kernels.
Virtual PC 2007 RC1
Virtual PC 2007 Final won't boot any OSX86 CD. Instantly reboots.
Virtual Server 2005 does the same thing.
Connectix Virtual PC for Windows 5.2 does the same thing.
Qemu 0.7.2 with kqemu dies (debugger: double panic), freezes and eats CPU seconds after booting. YMMV without kqemu or when booting -x
Qemu 0.9.1 can boot and install Leopard successful from the DVD, but thereafter not from the just installed hard disk.
---Has anyone tried Parallels Workstation (for Windows and Linux)?
I tried Parallels Desktop 3.0 with Windows (XP, and Vista) and Linux (Ubuntu). Only with Windows XP has a 100% stability, with Ubuntu crash, and XP has a Low performance. (Mac OS x86 10.4.10, Biostar 775, Intel Pemtium D 945, 1.5 gb Ram, nVidia GeForce FX 5500 agp 256mb) . . . . . . . . . .
This page was last modified on 2 July 2011, at 14:34.
This page has been accessed 532,044 times.