This is a hardware compatibility list for portable computers. We want to keep it as accurate as possible, but please, do not entirely rely on this list when buying a portable computer. Don't forget to add how you got OSx86 running on your portable x86 computer, and to use proper English. Please see the discussion page for proper instructions on how to input your system specs. Also, please contribute to the HCL 10.5.4 page, which should list a more granular view of compatibility. If your computer isn't listed, you should try it if you have a SSE2 or higher processor. Use vanilla kernel if it is supported.
- ONLY add hardware that you have TESTED. Don't add hardware just because you think it might work.
- Please add hardware into tables.
- This is for 10.5.4 builds only.
Please list your computers in alphabetical order by manufacturer (Asus, Acer, Dell, HP, etc)
For how to edit the Wiki, please see this thread. Thank you!
 Acer Aspire 3680-2022
- method: iATKoS 4i (10.5.4)
- video: GMA950, works no hacking
- wifi: Atheros 5006X, works no hacking needed
- sound: Azalia Audio, no hacking again
- ethernet: Marvel Yukon, works
 Asus A8Sr
- Method: iDeneb 10.5.4 DVD for Base system + additional kexts from iPC 10.5.6 DVD
- Setting: Pentium Centrino Core2 Duo T5450, 2G Ram, 120G HD, WinXP on 1st Partition, Mac OS X on 3rd Partition.
- Install options: modbin kernel, Intel-ICHx Fix, AppleSMBIOS-667, CPUS=1 fix
- BIOS Mod not necessary
- Video: Only works at 1024x768 either in safe mode (boot with -x)or after removing the AtiRadeonX1000.kext from extensions folder. Videos and screensavers load properly. but resolution cannot be changed.
- Sound: works with Azalia Audio kext
- Ethernet: works with RTL1000 kext from iPC DVD
- USB mounting works perfectly.
- DVD, reads and writes perfectly.
- Keyboard, Track Pad, USB Mouse: All works perfectly.
- Shutdown/Restart works properly.
- Build-in WebCam/Bluetooth/WIFI: NOT DETECTED.
I created a dual boot using the chain0 method. works well.
So far, I don't have to mess with my system folder at all (except for the display)...no tweaking, no hacking, just have to choose your options carefully.
Tried to update to 10.5.6 through the iDeneb update but failed. Will keep restarting at boot.
 Inspiron 1525
- method: iAtkos 4i (10.5.4)
- video: intel x3100, working with the sleep trick (rather annoying, but whatever.)
- webcam: Works.
- wifi: works after implementing the corresponding changes pointed in the site below.
- ethernet: It doesn't work yet, but I didn't try anything.
- sound: works after implementing the corresponding changes pointed in the site below.
- cores: both.
Implemented suggestions from  iAtkos installer provides several options, , I think my last attempt was using ToH kernel but maybe the default one works also, I just was having the sleep problem and I didn't knew about the sleep trick.... so I tried several install configurations maybe without really need it. --Srtv 07:35, 10 September 2008 (BST) Managed to install with these instructions the iATKOS 10.5.5, needed patch for AirPort to work, upgraded from Apple to 10.5.6. but no ethernet still
|- < Make sure this is at the beginning and end of your system, no need for two, just one |Motherboard Model |Chipset (Northbridge & Southbridge) |
 Inspiron 1545
- Install Method: iPC 10.5.6 Universal Final
- Audio: Download: http://thireus.dareyourmind.net/index.php/notebook-macos-hacks/13-get-microphone-and-audio-in-working-on-your-eeemac
Install kexts after installing OS. Keyboard volume buttons not working.
- LAN: Unknown
- SATA & IDE: Works out of the box
- Optical Drive: Doesn't eject using physical button.
- Do shutdown, reboot and sleep work? Sleep does not work.
- Any other details: Cannot install on 4GB RAM system - only 3GB RAM.
 Dell Vostro 1500
- method: iAtkos 4i (10.5.4)
- video: NVidia 8600 GM 128MB (detected as 7300 GO 128MB) works after implemented 
- webcam, cores, bluetooth: working
- trackpad: working but without the scroll
- ethernet: works after installing broadcom from 
- sound: no working solution found (Sigmatel 9205)
- wifi: driver still under development (Intel Wireless 3945)
- cardreader: not working
Shutdown doesn't kill the power, have to manually hold the power button, power meter is also working fine. --Sept 21,2008 .
 Dell Latitude D800
Pentium M 1.7GHZ ~ 1GB ram ~ DVD-RW Gforce Go 5650 128mb Dell 1450
- method: Jas (10.5.4)
Install Options Selected:
Kernel: StageXNU 9.4.0 Chipsets: Intel-ICHx Audio Drivers: AC97Audio * Not AppleAC97Audio under "Older Drivers" Video: NVKush
- trackpad/internal kb: Works during install not after. you'll need external KB/mouse. Install PS2 support and pad/internal kb will work.
- ethernet: not working
- wifi: not working .|- < Make sure this is at the beginning and end of your system, no need for two, just one
 Everex StepNote SA-2053T
- Install Method:Kalyway 10.5.1 and updates
- Audio: working only out via Azalia.kext
- WiFi LAN: working with attached kext and utility
- shut down and restart work however sleep does not
 Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook S7110
|Fujitsu Siemens |
- Install Method: iAtkos 4.1i (in BIOS settings, change the Device Configuration settings from AHCI to IDE)
- Track Pad
- WiFi LAN
- Bluetooth (you activate it, the next time you start the computer, it is permanently de-activated.)
 HP Pavilion Dv3z
- Install Method: Lawless PPC
- BIOS Version: F.05
- LAN: Working with Realtek driver from 
- Card reader
- Track pad (No scroll)
- Soft Eject button
- IR Receiver
- Fingerprint reader
 HP Pavilion DV6607nr
- Install Method: Leo4Allv4.1 with modified Extensions.mkext in the install DVD
- Audio working
- Wireless: working
- Ethernet: Not tested
 hp pavilion dv 6810 us
- Install Method:Iatkos V4a
- BIOS Version:; Revision:2.20
- Audio: not working only through usb
- LAN: not working only through usb
- disc utility doesent see my internal hard drives only through usb
- shut down and restart work however sleep does not
|only 9.0.2 kernal works nothing elese needs to be selected or the system wont boot |my smart audio altec lansling speakers need a patch [trackpad working http://my.ukrweb.info/en/node/549
 Lenovo IdeaPad S10/e
After Default install you won't have everything working. Use the Guides I've posted at the end to get your S10/e working like reported! After Install you can Upgrade to Version 10.5.6.
Install Method: MSI Wind OSx86
- Everything else
- Audio Jack!
- 2 finger scrolling
Here are 2 very good Guides:
 Lenovo IdeaPad S12 (2959)
Installed with MSI Wind OSx86
- Booted off external USB DVD
- Replaced default Windows XP partition with HFS+ journaled volume.
- The first attempt through the installer balked at the X11 package, so I installed successfully a second time with that unchecked.
- After first rebooting into single user mode, create the file that fools the installer into thinking it is complete, create a root passwd and continue the boot.
- From this point I continued to follow the instructions here, which are clearly for the S10. I will update this entry when I have updated to anything greater than 10.5.4
- Updated to 10.5.8 via 'Software Update'
- This broke 3D acceleration, but re-applying the GMA950 kext repaired that.
- It also broke WiFi, and 'sleep'. Again, re-applying appropriate kexts worked.
- 10.5.8 seemed to fix the machine's ability to add/remove USB drives and other devices at will. This did not work with the 10.5.4 install.
Working so far:
- Full 1280x800 screen resolution.
- 3D acceleration.
- Tethering using iPhone 3GS (after iTunes 8.2 update and Quicktime update)
 MSI Wind U100
- Download MSIwindosx86.iso distro and burn it to DVD.
- You need an external DVD-drive with usb to boot it.
- All is explained in this video: 
Not working: -Internal Microphone -Headphones port -Microphone port
You need some extra drivers for Wi-Fi but it's working great. Check your wi-fi card type and manufacturer under the MSI laptop and download the correct drivers.
Everything else is working great! MSI goes to sleep in 2-3 seconds average.
This page was last modified on 8 February 2012, at 17:32.
This page has been accessed 216,067 times.