This is a hardware compatibility list ONLY for OEM desktop computers. We want to keep it as accurate as possible, but please, do not entirely rely on this list when buying a desktop. Don't forget to add how you got OSx86 running on your x86 desktop computer, and to use proper English. Please see the discussion page for proper instructions on how to input your system specs. Also, please contribute to the HCL 10.5.7 page, which should list a more granular view of compatibility. If your computer isn't listed, you should try it if you have a SSE2 or higher processor. Use vanilla kernel if it is supported.
- ONLY add hardware that you have TESTED. Don't add hardware just because you think it might work.
- Please add hardware into tables.
- This is for 10.5.7 builds only.
Please list your computers in alphabetical order by manufacturer (Asus, Acer, Dell, HP, etc)
For how to edit the Wiki, please see this thread. Thank you!
 Dell Dimension 9100
- Processor: Pentium D. Both cores running.
- Install Method: iAtkos v7 10.5.7. Use default kernel.
- Graphics: Dell-branded (00c1) nVidia GeForce 6800 256MB. Use nVidia EFI with VGA/DVI only. Add 0x00c110de to NVDANV40Hal.kext/Contents/Info.plist and NVDAResman.kext/Contents/Info.plist
- Sound: Default drivers work.
- Wireless: Add in PCI WiFI card Vendor,Device 168c,1a added to IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros.kext
 Dell XPS 400 aka Dimension 9150
- Processor: Pentium D. Shows up as "Intel Core Duo".
- Install Method: iAtkos 10.5.7. Use Voodoo 9.7.0
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce 7300LE 128Mb. Use nVidia EFI with CoreVideo.
- Audio: SigmaTel STAC9220 (Intel 945). Use VoodooHD.
- Network: Intel Pro 1000 (82573L). Don't select a driver when installing. Works anyway.
- SATA: Install Intel ICHx SATA drivers
Used Software Update. Rebooted. Had a circle with a line through it over the Apple logo so I thought it didn't work. Rebooted and used '-f -v' and it came up fine. Using Chameleon 2 bootloader. Using 1280x1024x32.
 Dell Dimension e520
This method uses the apple software update application. At time of writing (25/07/2009) the most recent os x version is 10.5.7, and therefore the software updater is using the delta update. as instructed below, if the software update is suggesting 10.5.8 or higher in the future, download the 10.5.7 delta update from the apple website and use the same steps afterwards.
- Install with iPC 10.5.6 Final DVD, use this link for instructions. 
- back up seatbelt.kext and mach_kernel with osx86tools or manually
- update with apple software update to 10.5.7. If you're reading this at a time when 10.5.8 or later is out, download the 10.5.7 delta update from the apple site.
- press restart when finished, but access boot menu before the hard drive's bootloader has time to load.
- at this point boot the dvd.
- untick everything except sigmatel 9227 and the voodoo 9.5 kernel. (the language packs may insist on upgrading, this is fine.)
- restart when installation completes, boot os x with -v -f -x flags.
- once in, restore your seatbelt.kext and finally reboot.
- the system will now boot without any flags, though on the first reboot i'd suggest using -v to make sure it's all good.
- enjoy 10.5.7!
- I tried updating to 10.5.8 using this method from a 10.5.7 install, but it resulted in 'still waiting for root device error'. Bet that the e520 doesn't seem to 'like' the 10.5.8 ver.
 Dell XPS 400
- Processor: Pentium D, requires patched XNU. Shows up as "Intel Core Duo".
- Install Method: retail 10.5.6 install DVD booted with Boot-132 disk; used Andy's kernel 9.6.0
- Updated to 10.5.7 with Software Update, now using Voodoo-based XNU 9.7.0
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce 6800: works, but requires initialization with LegacyNVDA.kext. QE supported
- Audio: SigmaTel STAC9221 A1 (according to linux dump). With custom HDA kexts, I have speaker and headphone output working perfectly. But both mic jacks and line-in don't work.
- Airport Card: PCI Linksys Wireless-G with SpeedBoost (a Broadcom card): works out-of-box
- TV Tuner: ATI eHome Wonder: does not work.
- Sleep mode: works, but upon waking up, fans run at full speed
 Dell Optiplex 760
- Install Method: Successfully installed both iPC v1.4 10.5.6 ,and boot-132 with retail 10.5.6 DVD. Used Software Updates to upgrade to 10.5.7 on both. Installed drivers from iPC DVD to get audio, and ethernet working. EFI string used for video.
- Kernel: Vanilla
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400/3.0GHz, 6M, 1333FSB. About this Mac reads the CPU as 3.0Ghz Unknown Processor. Activity Monitor sees both cores.
- Chipset: Intel Q43 Express Chipset w/ICH10DO. Out of the box, controller reads as unknown. Installed Intel ICH10 driver and then System Profiler reads as JMicron controller. Slightly confusing, but performance seems fine so far.
- SMBIOS: Default iPC couldn't read the general hardware info correctly in the System Profiler. Apple SMBIOS MacPro fixed that issue.
- Audio: ADI 1984A. Installed AD1984 driver. Rear output works. Input not tested.
- Lan: Intel 82567LM Gigabit Ethernet. Installed the Intel 82566MM/DC Driver. Works.
- On-Board VGA & DisplayPort: Intel GMA 4500. Both untested.
- 3rd party Add-in cards Section
- 3rd party Add-in PCI-E Video: eVGA 9800 GT. QE/CI supported with EFI string via OSx86 Tools Utility. nVidia kexts not needed. Followed an EFI string walk through here: 
- 3rd party Add-in PCI Firewire: Belkin Firewire 400 with 3 ports. No drivers needed.
 Dell Optiplex 360
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300
- Chipset: Intel 82G33/G31/P35/P31 Express Chipset ICH7
- Graphics: 82G33/G31 Express Integrated Graphics Controller
- Network: Broadcom Netlink BCM5784M
- Installation Customizations
- Chameleon V2
- X86 Patches
- Extra Directory
- Apple Decrypt
- Intel Speedstep
- Post Install Actions
- Voodoo HDA Driver
- When restarted after install, stop sign appears on the Apple logo. Hard disk seems to be idle.
- Performed hard reset, pressed enter when Chameleon prompts for boot options, Mac OSX selected and booted well to desktop.
- Sound not tested.
- Although the network driver seems to be installed and network under system preferences shows connected(green light under ethernet),
network diagnostic tells ethernet failed. Connection to internet was not successful.
- Display resolution is locked at 1024x768.
 Dell Vostro 200
iDened 10.5.6 & iAtkos S3 Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and can be upgraded in full by apple online update from system I personally have tested update to 10.6.4 and works in full!
Works on following configuration
Intel® Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.2 GHz 3 GB DDR 2 Memory Hard Drive 1 x 180 GB ---- SATA 1 x 360 GB ---- SATA DVD 1 x 16x DVD MultiDrive ----- SATA
Network Card Intel (R) 82562V-2 Network Card in snow leopard require a kext ( intel 82562v-2.kext.zip from insanely mac)  How can we install this this kext ? do also need this kext if we have leopard
Graphic Card Intel (R) G33 /G31 Express Chipset Family
Sound Card ALC 888 ( need to patch through AppleHDAPatcherin iAtkos S3 sound works in full at end of install )
Still working on some problems like 1.No Sound in Soundtrack Pro 2. Can not change the Display Resolution Except 1024 x 768
if anyone know the solution , Pl post it
Worked For me w/ iAtkos S3 Snow Leopard 10.6.3 v2 and the instructions above In order to boot with 1280x1024 res (I have a Dell 19 in monitor 4:3), on the boot screen I typed mach_kernel rd=disk0s2 "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32" I also have a CA-200 Card Reader that doesn't work.
My hardware is the Vostro 200 base with 3GB of RAM.
 Dell Optiplex GX-240
Able to install and run the iAtkos DVD v_7, No sound, Display stuck in 1024 x 768, Issues with VLC player
Bootloader: Chameleon v2 Kernel: Voodoo 9.5
Computer has 2 partitions: One with XP SP2 and the other with OSX 10.5.7 from iAtkos. Initially have instaled 10.4.8 from JaS, RAM 512 MB, HD= 150 6B, ATI stock video card, Ethernet card 3Com 3C095, using cable modem for Internet connection.Not have tried sleep mode still.
Success with the 10.5.7 distros! Coming soon: Installation guides...
Thanks to all the people in the x86 team, but specially to Turkish and Spanish teams
 Dell Dimension 4600C Ultra Small Form Factor
Computer is similar to an Optiplex GX260/70/80 except for audio and ethernet, so most of this should also apply.
Used iDeneb 10.5.7
Selected the old 9.2 sleep kernel, tried Qoopz and it panicked everywhere. Picked most of the fixes unless they pertained to specific hardware. About this Mac makes the Finder crash, fixed it by changing the values in OSX86 Tools. Sound works with ADI 1980 driver, PS/2 keyboard worked with old driver (didn't try the new one), Ethernet works with Broadcom 4400 driver, Belkin Basic Wireless USB adapter works with Airlink driver, I can't find the link, but the wireless chip is a Realtek 8192su, so find the driver that goes with that. Intel 865G integrated video runs with no acceleration and no resolution choices. Tried putting a Geforce 5200 PCI, and the system would hang on boot. Got AGP FX5200 fully working (resolutions, QE/CI) with EFI Bootstring method (follow this guide: ). PCI does work otherwise, as I have a USB port card in there and that works properly.
Computer has Pentium 4 2.66, SSE2 only. 512 MB DDR memory, 40 GB IDE hard drive and a laptop sized IDE DVD drive.
 Dell Optiplex 745
Installed with the following iATKOS v7 install disc options (all other default options): dsmos AppleSMBIOS netkas Remove TYMCE OHR Intel SATA Driver
Had to put the SATA operation in Legacy mode in BIOS. Was able to upgrade to 10.5.8, and reinstalled the above options. After that the drive could be put in Normal mode.
Used Natitx1300 for the Radeon X1300 video card. QE/CI not supported, but I just have not found the correct driver settings.
 Optiplex GX 270 SFF (Small Form Factor)
P4 2,4GHZ, 1GB RAM DDR, HD IDE 40GB, DVDROM IDE LITEON, CHIPSET INTEL 865G, INTEGRATED INTEL EXTREME GRAPHICS CONTROLLER, ADI198X INTEGRATED AUDIO, INTEL GIBABIT PRO LOM INTEGRATED LAN, BIOS VER A07.
Installed iATKOS 10.5.7 v7
Had to set the video memory buffer to 8MB at BIOS before installing. Follow this tutorial 
Everything works fine, but not QE and CI, so is not possible to play DVD films (You should install an AGP compatible card).
 Emachines W3107
- Processor: Sempron.
- Install Method: iAtkos v7 10.5.7.
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce 6100 256MB. Install fails on all nVidia enablers. Do not install GFX drivers on install. Use nVidia universal Installer at  after installation.
- Audio: AC97. Used AppleAC97Audio kext from  to fix it (I'm not sure, but you may need the Sonido.prefPane file too). After Installing the kext and rebooting, make sure you go into the Audio MIDI Setup Utility - Inside the MIDI setup you will see "Properties For:" click that and select the second option. Now, look where it says "Audio Output", to the right of "Format:" it needs to be set to "2ch-16bit". Reboot again to be sure. Audio should work permanently
- Network: nForce LAN. Install the nforceLAN kext at 
- SATA: nVidia SATA.
- During install choose SMBIOS Netkas.
- Use OHR(OpenHaltRestart) to fix restart/shutdown/sleep hang.
- I could not get PS/2 drivers to work, but USB mouse/keyboard combo works flawlessly.
- I suggest installing another 1gb of RAM before attempting to use this desktop for a Hackintosh.
 Gateway GT5026E
- Processor: Pentium D. Both cores running.
- Install Method: iAtkos v7 10.5.7. Use default/Voodoo970 kernel.
- Graphics: Dell-branded (00c1) nVidia GeForce 6800 256MB. Use nVidia EFI with VGA/DVI only. Add 0x00c110de to NVDANV40Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext
- (same procedure as was done for Dell Dimension 9100 above)
 GATEWAY GT3035m
|Hardware Name||Chipset||Notes||Patches Used||32/64bit working with patches|
|Gateway GT3035m||Intel D945GCZ (ICH7)||
- DVD: iATKOS v7
- Startup using "-x" to get into safemode
- Installation will take all night so be patient
- When install is completed, boot up in safemode again "-x"
- Be patient again, startup takes forever
- Delete "IOATAFAMILY.KEXT" and replace it with file from here , use kext helper to install kext!
- Restart, now it will boot in 30 sec.
- No sound - No video (ATI XPESS200)
Everything else seems to work!
- Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93GHz, 4GB RAM, Mother Board MSI-7525 (Boston)
- DVD: iDeneb v1.5.1
- When selecting preferences during installation, do not select all. On the Audio drivers, select only ALC662 and VoodooHDA (if selected all, the installation finishes, but the system hangs during initialization)
- Video onboard works only on 1024x768 mode (VESA) - Card readers not working (I didn't spend time with it, yet)
- Everything else is working ok.
 Pavilion Slimlime 3130.sc
- AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core 2.3GHz : 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 RAM (upgraded from one gig) : NVIDIA GeForce 7500LE : 320GB Stock SATA SCSI HDD.
 Install Method
- DVD: iATKOS v7
- There was "Still waiting for root device" error. So had to use VMware-to-NativeHere.
- Shutdown the VMware after installation.
- Boot into Windows
- Download and install EasyBCD
- Add entry to Mac OS X Master Boot Record.
- Restart, choose what to boot,,,,. :)
 Working Compnents
- CPU: Correct frequency but identified as Core Duo.
- RAM, Correct speed and size.
- Realtek ALC888 (no input) with Voodoo Audio on disk
- NVIDIA GeForce 7500LE with NVIDIA OFFICIAL DRIVERS FROM NVIDIA.COM. Full QE/CI....
- Realtek nForce LAN 8201CL by using the kext provided on InsanelyMac Forums.
- And everything else I didn't test.
 Not workings
- ASUSTeK TV Tuner Tiger.
- Realtek nForce LAN 8201CL WiFi.
- It was hard to do. I started to just research on OSx86 on 06 June 2009 but everytime some sucking errors halted me from installing and running
OSX in my PC. I then successfully installed it on 2 Jan 2010!.
- Its fast
- Don't be afraid of Kernel Panics
- Very Stable
- Great PC for OSX86
- The mobo of this PC is quite capable of OSX86.
 HP m9250f
- Specification: Q6700, Asus IPIBL-LB (Build in LAN, Audio, etc. check HP website) 4G DDR800 ram, 500GB HDDx2 (one for Vista one for OS X), DVDRW, 8600GTS 256M Dual DVI (not the original video card),Ralink wireless R2571, TV capture card removed (no use for it just to get better ventilation), Microsoft NX-3000 webcam with mic, last but not least, ATI remote wonder remote controller.
- Install Method: iATKOS v7 (10.5.7) by uphunk. Basically tried to follow the post by icchansan here (http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/f181/66823.htm#post393942) but since that was for iATKOS v5 so here is exactly what I did. 1. Modify the BIOS using v5.17 according to original post. 2. Disconnect the vista 500G (just in case) leave the second 500G HDD for OSX, set boot from DVD in the BIOS (follow original post). 3. Boot from the iATKOS DVD and format the Disk into two partitions using Journaled. 4. Customization.
- Customization: check the following if your specs are the same as mine, otherwise check accordingly. -(v7 Main system)-(Bootloader\Chameleon v1)-(X86 Patches\DSDT, Decrypters\AppleDecrypt, SMBIOS drivers\SMBIOS Enablers\SMBIOS-EFI)-(Diabler)-(OHR)-(Drivers\VGA\nVIdia\EFI string for nVidia\DVI/DVI)-(system\SATA/IDE\AHCI, \Intel SATA/IDE)-(Intel speeedsteps\speedstep driver, \Throttling control)-(Sound\Voodoo HDA driver)-(PS2 mousekeyboard\Apple PS2 driver)-(NTFS-3G)-(Network\wired\Realted\Realtek R1000, Wireless\Ralink\Ralink RT2500, RT73 USB)-(Language\additional language of your choice)-(Post-install Actions). If it's not clear copy the text to your editor and format it so you don' t miss any. By selecting both AHCI and Intel SATA, after install in the BIOS you can revert the setting to RAID so you can boot both vista and OSX (unless your vista installed ACHI driver already). Installation takes about 20min and all shall work except the following. If LAN didn't work restart a couple times worked for me.
- Audio: analog works both back and front. Chose "unknown" for 2.1 speaker or headphone for headphone. I doubt Mic works but I use high quality USB mic or mic on webcam. Digital or SPDIF doesn't work although they are shown in the preference panel.
- Sleep mode: after install sleep didn't work, can't wake up, but shutdown and restart works. If you really need the sleep function, search for a package named "10.5.7 repairpack v1.3 by 3rr0rists.dmg.zip". Install only the AppleUSB* and restart. Now it can go into sleep and wake up, however the sound and network after wake up won't work. You can go into preference and turn the network card off then on and apply the network would come back but the sound still not working. And plus the restart stop functioning. Therefore it's not an ideal solution to make it perfect.
- ATI remote wonder controller: drive can be obtained from official website. Works great especially for PLEX Media centre. On the other hand HP remote doesn't work.
- DVD drive: It's weird but my DVD drive always try to access sth. every 10min or so and it's annoying. I left a DVD in it and it stopped that annoying behavior.
- Time machine: When trying to use time machine you will be promoted having "network problem". Also related issue includes no Apple movie trailer when using Front Row due to similar network problem.
 ThinkCentre S50
Original description: Based on 8184-36U: Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz (512KB), 800MHz FSB, 512MB, 40GB 7200RPM IDE HDD, PCI Small Form Factor (2x3), Intel 865G, 48x24x48x16x CD-RW/DVD combo, Intel Gigabit Ethernet, Custom Windows XP Professional
iAtkos v7 - voodoo 9.7 required
- Graphics: Intel GMA900
- Audio: AC97 kext from 10.4.3 distribution using kext helper b7
- Network: Intel Giga Ethernet
- SATA: Install Intel ICHx SATA drivers
PS/2 : none APIC driver - required
Motherboard ACPI 2.0: DISABLED Hyperthread-ENABLED (does not make a difference) journalled, MBR
 ThinkCentre M52
Tested system specifications: Model No. 8215-D6U. Intel Pentium 4 HT 3GHz (2MB L2), 800MHz FSB, 80GB Hitachi DeskStar 7200 RPM SATA drive, DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive, Floppy drive, 225W PSU. Intel 945G Chipset: Intel HD Audio, Intel Gigabit Ethernet
iDeneb 1.5.1 - Voodoo 9.5.0
- Graphics: Intel GMA950
- Audio: No special options selected. Used USB iMic for output, bypassing internal HD audio
- Network: No special options selected.
- SATA / IDE: No special options selected.
BIOS options left at factory defaults.
Used Disk Utility during install to format internal hard drive using defaults (HFS+ journalled)
 Packard Bell
 IMEDIA X1016
work with iatkos v7 and ideneb 1.5
- Kernel: default (it work also with voodoo 9.5.0)
- chipset: Via work with VIA SATA/IDE
- graphics: nvidia ge force 8400gs 256mb works perfectly with NVinject (256MB in ideneb 1.5)
- audio: realtek alc888 work with Voodoo HDA
- network: realtek r1000 works perfectly!!
- Ps2 mouse and keyboard: works with patchby voodoo
- USB works well
- shut down sometimes work, sleep ok, restart not work! need OHR
- firewire: not tested
- bootloader: chameleon 2
- DVD: works (I Use the reader supplied by Packard)
I added ohr to facilitate the shut down, and usbfamily fix for the usb.I prefer use chameleon bootloader beacause it work perfectly with other os.
this configuration work with the same motherboard!
 PowerSpec V201
Original specifications: Pentium D 2.2Ghz (1MB) 800MHz FSB, 945GCT-M chipset, GMA 950, 1GB DDR2-667MHz, 160GB 7200RPM SATA, Realtek ALC883 audio Vista Home Basic
- Installation Method: iAtkos v7
- Audio: Worked out of box
- Network: Unable to locate driver for RTL8100C used a spare RTL 8139 (which worked out of box)
- SATA: Install Intel ICHx SATA drivers
- Graphics: Intel GMA950
- Conclusion: Great OS X box for $200
This page was last modified on 24 September 2013, at 03:38.
This page has been accessed 118,534 times.