This is a hardware compatibility list ONLY for OEM desktop computers. We want to keep it as accurate as possible, but please, do not entirely rely on this list when buying a desktop. Don't forget to add how you got OSx86 running on your x86 desktop computer, and to use proper English. Please see the discussion page for proper instructions on how to input your system specs. Also, please contribute to the HCL 10.6.0 page, which should list a more granular view of compatibility. If your computer isn't listed, you should try it if you have a SSE2 or higher processor. Use vanilla kernel if it is supported.
- ONLY add hardware that you have TESTED. Don't add hardware just because you think it might work.
- Please add hardware into tables.
- This is for 10.6.0 builds only.
Please list your computers in alphabetical order by manufacturer (Asus, Acer, Dell, HP, etc)
For how to edit the Wiki, please see this thread. Thank you!
 Dell Dimension 3000
- Original Motherboard
- Intel Pentium 4 HT
3.0 GHz Socket 478
- 2GB DDR RAM
- PNY GeForce 8400GS PCI
Using Snow_Leopard_10.6.1-10.6.2_SSE2_SSE3_Intel_AMD_by_Hazard DVD iso with final update Patch (you can apply the PPF update to the ISO file using a program called PPF-O-Matic for Windows)
- Select Legacy kernel 10.3.0
- Chameleon RC4 bootloader
- Intel Pro/100 Ve network drivers
- DSDT_Patcher_GUI (optional)
- RemoveAppleTyMCEDriver (essential)
- Additional fonts (optional)
- Quicktime 7
- Do not select SMBIOSresolver, or you will get kernel panic
- I installed this hackintosh distro to an external USB 2.0 40GB HDD with and MBR partition table
- When the DVD finishes installing, it might say that the installation has failed. This is most likely not the case. Just reboot, press f12 and select to boot from USB (becasue i installed it on usb HDD) then in bootloader option type -v arch=i386
 HP Slimline s5128hk
- Pentium E5400 (W)
2.7 GHz (65W) 800 MHz front side bus Socket 775
- 2GB DDR3
PC3-10600 MB/sec (message as PC3-8500) Type 240 pin
- Motherboard Name: IPIEL-LA3
HP/Compaq motherboard name: Eureka3-GL8 Manufacturer: Pegatron
- GeForce G210
512 MB memory I/O Ports: single-link DVI, HDMI
750 GB SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec) 7200 rpm
- DVD Writer
Interface: SATA Data buffer memory: 2 MB minimum
ALC 888S chipset
- HP USB keyboard(NUM Lock light will not work if you plug it to another USB port)
- HP USB optical mouse
Using Retail Snow Leopard with myHack Installer 1.0 RC4.1 on a USB Disk
- Install Only the Core System Files. X11, printers and languages can be done Post-install
- Installation will stop at "8-7 minutes remaining" restart the machine when it does and using USB Disk boot select the destination drive in bootloader to start OSX. Afterwards, install the bootloader to the OSX Destination Drive.
- Video - install all the nvidia kexts(kest, bundle & plugin) found in /System/Library/ . After Restart you will notice that the display gets better and use OSX86tools to change the resolution(you can check the supported resolutions in Bootloader).
- Sound - VoodooHDA(HDMI Audio is not working so use OnBoard Audio)
- Ethernet - not yet tested
- Media Card Slot - not yet tested
- Do not use GraphicsEnabler as the OS will hang while booting. After installing the kext remember to set the GraphicsEnabler to 'N' in com.apple.boot.plist
- It would seem that the OS has no response on boot up but you can move the mouse cursor. Just wait for a few minutes and it will be working. . . .
 IBM ThinkCentre A55 (8705)
- Core 2 Duo E6300
2.7 GHz 1066 MHz front side bus Socket LGA775
- 1GB DDR2
PC2-4200 Type 240 pin
- Motherboard Chipset: Intel 946GZ Express
- USB 2.0
- eVGA e-GeForce 8400 GS
512 MB memory I/O Ports: single-link DVI, VGA 15 Pin HD D-Sub
160 GB SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec) 7200 rpm
- DVD Writer
Interface: PATA Data buffer memory: 2 MB minimum
Integrated SoundMAX HD Audio
- DELL PS/2 keyboard
- IBM USB optical mouse
Using Retail Snow Leopard on a Dual Layer DVD with Empire EFI Installer Disk.
- Video - working but stuck at 1024x768 resolution on 8400 GS with no kexts.
- Sound - not working
- Ethernet - not working
- USB 2.0 - not working
- Very weird graphics problem occurred on my build in which when a window is dragged around it turns transparent.
- When i did this installation i only knew the very basics of hackintoshes and thus did not use any kexts so this build may be completely functional with kexts but if you are an amateur, are using a retail disk without knowledge of kexts or do not know how to install kexts at all, stay away from hackintoshes on this computer. . . . . .
 Lenovo 3000 H200
- Intel Atom 230
1.60 GHz 533 MHz front side bus
- 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM
- Motherboard Chipset: Intel 945GC Express
- USB 2.0
- Integrated Graphics
Intel GMA 950
- Hard drive
160 GB SATA 7200 RPM
- Optical Drive
DVD Writer SATA
- Integrated Audio
- Integrated Network Adapter
Using Retail Snow Leopard with MyHack installer 1.0 RC4.1 on USB Drive
- Restore DVD image to USB Drive
- Run MyHack installer with the following options checked:
com.apple.boot.plist ACHIPortInjector.kext PS2 Controller FrameBufferDisabler.kext IOACHIBlockStorageInjector.kext JMicronATA.kext LegacyAppleRTC.kext NullCPUPowerManagement.kext OpenHaltRestart.kext PlatformUUID.kext (make sure to select USB Drive, as the default is set to the Mac hard drive)
- Disable USB 2.0 in BIOS
Run Snow Leopard Installation from USB Drive After Installation, boot from USB Drive and select your hard drive at the bootloader Download Ethernet kext  Copy RealtekR1000.kext to /System/Library/Extensions Download Voodoo Audio kext (Some of the other audio kexts meant for ALC662 will cause a reboot loop, but this one works fine)  Copy Voodoo kext to /System/Library/Extensions
- Rerun MyHack installer with the same options; select the hard drive this time
MyHack will warn that the two kexts were installed incorrectly, but don't worry - it will work after the reboot
- Reboot the system
- Included mouse shows delay; upgrade to USB mouse is recommended
- Ethernet working
- Video working
- Audio working
- USB 2.0 not working
- Restart/Shutdown working
- Sleep not yet tested
- This vanilla retail install can not be upgraded to 10.6.2 without patching the kernel .
Hey i used iakosv7 10.5.5 and it all works fine intel core duo 2 4GHZ 4GBs of ram 1TB OF HD on a dell Inspiron 530 runs real good and a nVidia GeForce 9400 GT runing on 9.7.9 voodoo kernel and you can upgrade to 10.5.8 and work good and no editing needid my email is email@example.com if you need some info on the software.
This page was last modified on 17 September 2011, at 13:29.
This page has been accessed 122,613 times.