This is a hardware compatibility list ONLY for OEM desktop computers. We want to keep it as accurate as possible, but please, do not entirely rely on this list when buying a desktop. Don't forget to add how you got OSx86 running on your x86 desktop computer, and to use proper English. Please see the discussion page for proper instructions on how to input your system specs. Also, please contribute to the HCL 10.6.1 page, which should list a more granular view of compatibility. If your computer isn't listed, you should try it if you have a SSE2 or higher processor. Use vanilla kernel if it is supported.
- ONLY add hardware that you have TESTED. Don't add hardware just because you think it might work.
- Please add hardware into tables.
- This is for 10.6.1 builds only.
Please list your computers in alphabetical order by manufacturer (Asus, Acer, Dell, HP, etc)
For how to edit the Wiki, please see this thread. Thank you!
 HP Slimline s5128hk
- Pentium E5400 (W)
2.7 GHz (65W) 800 MHz front side bus Socket 775
- 2GB DDR3
PC3-10600 MB/sec (message as PC3-8500) Type 240 pin
- Motherboard Name: IPIEL-LA3
HP/Compaq motherboard name: Eureka3-GL8 Manufacturer: Pegatron
- GeForce G210
512 MB memory I/O Ports: single-link DVI, HDMI
750 GB SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec) 7200 rpm
- DVD Writer
Interface: SATA Data buffer memory: 2 MB minimum
ALC 888S chipset
- HP USB keyboard(NUM Lock light will not work if you plug it to another USB port)
- HP USB optical mouse
Using Retail Snow Leopard with myHack Installer 1.0 RC4.1 on a USB Disk
- Install Only the Core System Files. X11, printers and languages can be done Post-install
- Installation will stop at "8-7 minutes remaining" restart the machine when it does and using USB Disk boot select the destination drive in bootloader to start OSX. Afterwards, install the bootloader to the OSX Destination Drive.
* Download 10.6.1 update, install on your Machine and restart.
- Video - install all the nvidia kexts(kest, bundle & plugin) found in /System/Library/ . After Restart you will notice that the display gets better and use OSX86tools to change the resolution(you can check the supported resolutions in Bootloader).
- Sound - VoodooHDA(HDMI Audio is not working so use OnBoard Audio)
- Ethernet - not yet tested
- Media Card Slot - not yet tested
- Do not use GraphicsEnabler as the OS will hang while booting. After installing the kext remember to set the GraphicsEnabler to 'N' in com.apple.boot.plist
- It would seem that the OS has no response on boot up but you can move the mouse cursor. Just wait for a few minutes and it will be working. . .
This page was last modified on 30 June 2011, at 02:58.
This page has been accessed 62,786 times.