This is a hardware compatibility list ONLY for OEM desktop computers. We want to keep it as accurate as possible, but please, do not entirely rely on this list when buying a desktop. Don't forget to add how you got OSx86 running on your x86 desktop computer, and to use proper English. Please see the discussion page for proper instructions on how to input your system specs. Also, please contribute to the HCL 10.6.7 page, which should list a more granular view of compatibility. If your computer isn't listed, you should try it if you have a SSE2 or higher processor. Use vanilla kernel if it is supported.
- ONLY add hardware that you have TESTED. Don't add hardware just because you think it might work.
- Please add hardware into tables.
- This is for 10.6.7 builds only.
Please list your computers in alphabetical order by manufacturer (Asus, Acer, Dell, HP, etc)
For how to edit the Wiki, please see this thread. Thank you!
 Dimension 9100
(NOTE: 64bit so far unachievable)
- Intel® Pentium® D 925 (3.0 GHz, 800FSB)
- 4 GB Dual Channel DDR2 677 MHz - 2x2GB
- Nvidia GT430 1GB
- 80gb 7200 RPM SATA HDD
- Chipset Intel ICH7
- Optical Drive IDE: DVD-RW
- Sigmatel 9221 HD audio
- Realtek 8139 10/100
- Onboard network (not working)
- Install Methods
- Hazard 10.6.2 install disc
- Legacy Kernel
- IOPCIFamily fix (essential to stop KP)
- About this Mac SMBIOS fix
- VoodooHDA for 2 Channel
- Chameleon RC4
- After Install
- Run 10.6.5 combo update (or greater) - do not restart after completion
- Install latest legacy kernel from Netkas
- Run Tonymacx86's Multibeast and choose Chameleon RC5, VoodooHDA and Graphics Enabler=Yes bootflag.
- Restart and if necessary boot with flag "legacy_kernel".
- Run Tonymacx86's Nvidia Fermi update
- For QE/CI - Patch com.apple.Boot.plist with EDID via gfxutil - check http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8157
- Install CUDA update from Nvidia if desired
- In /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist enter flags - FSB:199510282, USBFix=Yes
- Realtek 8139 use: PCGenRTL8139Ethernet-1.2.0. Will work at reduced speed until you follow included instructions to patch. Then full 10/100
- Dual Core, CUDA and everything working fantastic except onboard LAN and chop issues with USB audio cards, Cakewalk UA-25EX in particular.
- Tests with Final Cut studio 3 work great, RT Unlimited at High quality playback, initial problems with RT profiling allowing only low/med playback. To Fix, remove one 2gb stick of RAM, restart, clear final cut preferences and RT profile again. Then install second 2gb stick.
 GX 620 slim
- Got every thing working just installed Iatkos v2 s3 , download the combo update from apple web site and install all the patchs from the 10.6.3 and this small patch for the USB work( install before restarting the pc from the update)
- Pentium D2.8
- 1.5gb ram
- 40gb HD
- Intel GMA 2772 looking for a fix for it but the other two ones work
- ( just remember to select the first kernel when installing iatkos)
 Inspiron 580MT
- Working perfectly. Using Hazard 10.6.6i (patched), only needs a few kexts for sound and network.
- Also requires editing of smbios.plist for correct info, and I added PlatformUUID.kext with my boot-UUID value edited in (this might not be necessary).
- I removed the two AHCI injectors from /Extra. Updated with 10.6.7 Combo Update from Apple. Added pmVersion=21 to avoid kernel panic, and get sleep working perfect again. NO DSDT REQUIRED! (DVI -> HDMI adaptor doesn't work).
- Everything works perfectly, USB, Sleep, Hibernate, Card-reader etc. etc. Full instructions and guide available here:
 Optiplex 755
|Optiplex 755||Intel Q35 + ICH9R||
 Precision 470/670
Follow this link for full installation details.
 Vostro 200 (SlimTower)
Follow this link for full installation details.
 Lenovo M57e
- Used 10.6.6i by Hazard, then downloaded combo update normally. (Only SleepEnabler panicked the system. used pmVersion=0 flag to disable it and installed the 10.7.0 updated kext
- Everything works except GFX Card.
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3 GHz - 3 GB RAM - Intel ICH7 G31/G33 MoBo Chipset - Marvell Yukon Ethernet adapter - ATI Radeon HD 4350 1 GB GFX Gard (QE/CI not working) - 160 GB HDD. Kexts used apart from vanilla installation: RadeonHD.kext for native resolution, VoodooHDA.kext with PrefPane for working audio.
-AMD PHENOM II X2 550BE -MSI 770C45 MOBO
-DDR3 1333 4GB RAM -NVIDIA 9600GT 1GB PCIE -ALC 888S AUDIO ONBOARD -320GB HD SATA -DVD RW SATA -REALTEK PCIE GBE ETHERNET CARD ON BOARD
Everything works, sound=stereo out(no mic), and random glitches appearing in screen sometimes Used SnowLeoDvd from a torrent Chameleon Bootloader Legacy Kernel AzaliaAudioPkg from insanelymac Running Starcraft 2 on the machine without problems Most of the applications working without problem
 Lenovo Idea Centre K210 series
This page was last modified on 15 April 2014, at 19:37.
This page has been accessed 89,279 times.