Motherboard Build
|Build #||Tested System||Notes||Fully working without patching|
|HCL 10.4.7||P4P800 VM with Intel Celeron D 325 and ATI Radeon AIW 9000 Video Card||Working: USB, Video, Audio (stereo via output jack) Untested: SATA||Yes, besides audio jack is not the correct one|
|HCL 10.4.7||P4P800 VM with Intel Pentium 4||Working: USB, Video(No CI & QE), Audio (stereo via output jack) Untested: SATA||Programs need OpenGL supports would not run|
|HCL 10.4.8||P4P800 VM with Intel Pentium 4 2.6 Ghz||Working: USB, Audio (stereo via output jack) Untested: SATA, video (using external nVidia 6200)||IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4.3 to get Ethernet working|
 Motherboard Chipset and Configuration
- Intel Pentium 4 (Northwood & Prescott) & Celeron D CPU (Socket 478)
- Intel 865G GMCH Northbridge
- Intel ICH5 chipset Southbridge
- AGP 4X/8X or Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2.0
- Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2.0: VESA 3.0 driver, no CI, no QE (no kext load, not even if editing the 830.kext)
- Dual-Channel DDR400 (Up to 4GB)
- Intel 10/100 Mbps LAN
- ADI 1980 6-channel audio codec with S/PDIF out interface
- See next section for the method to fix the sound output from line in to the line out
- Serial ATA
 Known Issues
Audio output is on mic in!
- To fix that (to change it back to the line out) you must modify the file '/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext/Contents/Info.plist'
- Find the line with <string>ADS75 ADS74 ADS73 ADS72</string>
- Change it with <string>ADS75 ADS74 ADS73 ADS72 ADS71 ADS70</string>
- The next step is to load the AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext
Keyboard not working if plugged on PS/2 while mouse is plugged on USB. Works fine if both on PS/2.
 External Links
This page was last modified on 24 November 2010, at 03:23.
This page has been accessed 19,910 times.