This is a hardware compatibility list for portable computers. We want to keep it as accurate as possible, but please, do not entirely rely on this list when buying a portable computer. Don't forget to add how you got OSx86 running on your portable x86 computer, and to use proper English. Please see the discussion page for proper instructions on how to input your system specs. Also, please contribute to the HCL 10.6.8 page, which should list a more granular view of compatibility. If your computer isn't listed, you should try it if you have a SSE2 or higher processor. Use vanilla kernel if it is supported.
- ONLY add hardware that you have TESTED. Don't add hardware just because you think it might work.
- Please add hardware into tables.
- This is for 10.6.8 builds only.
Please list your computers in alphabetical order by manufacturer (Asus, Acer, Dell, HP, etc)
For how to edit the Wiki, please see this thread. Thank you!
Model No. PSAE0C-AH708C
Distro: iAtkos S3 V2 - 10.6.3, Updating to 10.6.4, 10.6.5, 10.6.6, 10.6.7 and then to 10.6.8 works, Although See Warning Below!
IN CUSTOM INSTALL, MAKE SURE THE FOLLOWING IS CHECKED:
iAtkos S3 Main System
- Chameleon V2 RC4
- Leave as is (No Changes)
- SATA/IDE: INTEL SATA/IDE
- Sound: Voodoo HDA (See Issues below)
- PS/2: Voodoo PS/2
- CPU Power Manager: Voodoo P-State
- Laptop Hardware: Battery, Card Reader, TSC Sync
- VGA: INTEl, EFI String, GMA 950 27A1(32Bit), GMA 950 27AE(32Bit) (choose Both)
- Network: Wired= INTEL PRO V100
- System fan works sometimes, solution: just unplug Power adapter and plug it back in to make the fan work normally. Searching for a better solution...
- Loud Feedback coming from speakers, seems to be due to the Microphone Gain volume stuck at full. Install VoodooHDA 2.7.2 Package, goto SystemPrefs, open VoodooHDA icon, and lower the GAIN to 0. Run Kext utility. If problem persists, edit voodoohda.kext and change gain # to 0 and imix to about 80%. Run Kext Utility.
- Internal Wireless can work with only Unencrypted Networks. Linksys WUSB54G V4 is an external adapter and works.
- Webcam will fully work if you download CamTwist. FaceTime, Skype, MSN, iChat all work if you open them, and then open CamTwist. Google has lots of more info.
- Updating from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 works successfully by downloading the combo update from the official website.
- Run "Repair Disk Permissions" each time you update.
- If keyboard & Track-pad stop working, just boot into safe-mode using -x and the reboot normally.
- If sound stops working, it's most probably because the update placed a new AppleHDA.kext in the (Extensions) Kexts folder. Just delete it, perform a Repair Disk Permissions and reboot.
WARNING: You must replace Apple80211Monitor.bundle with a previous version from 10.6.7. The file is located in System/Library/SystemConfiguration. If you do not replace this file, The system will run Slow and you will not have Network access!