This is a hardware compatibility list ONLY for OEM desktop computers. We want to keep it as accurate as possible, but please, do not entirely rely on this list when buying a desktop. Don't forget to add how you got OSx86 running on your x86 desktop computer, and to use proper English. Please see the discussion page for proper instructions on how to input your system specs. Also, please contribute to the HCL 10.7.0 page, which should list a more granular view of compatibility. If your computer isn't listed, you should try it if you have a SSE2 or higher processor. Use vanilla kernel if it is supported.
- ONLY add hardware that you have TESTED. Don't add hardware just because you think it might work.
- Please add hardware into tables.
- This is for 10.7.0 builds only.
Please list your computers in alphabetical order by manufacturer (Asus, Acer, Dell, HP, etc)
For how to edit the Wiki, please see this thread. Thank you!
Note: Please add whether your device supports QE, Quartz Extreme, graphics. Try playing a movie with Quicktime Player.
Dell Optiplex 760
|| 32/64bit working with patches
|Dell Optiplex 760
||Intel Q43 Express w/ ICH10D
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0Ghz
- RAM: 2GB 1333 Mhz DDR3
- VGA : Integrad IntelGMA4500 64Mb
- Audio : onboard Full working
- Network: Intel WG82567LM Full working
- Graphic: working with NO QE/CI
- Monitor : Dell 22" DVI Cable
- Hard Disk : Seagate SATA II 320Gb
- DVD : TSSTCorp Sata TL-463A
- USB, eSata: all work
- Installed 10.7 Final with USB Pen creation + Chameleon 2.0-RC5-r755.pkg + Extra_Lion.pkg (followed Mald0n method on InsanelyMac)
- I have used OSInstall.mpkg MBR patched to install dual boot on HD
- Boot USB Pen and then create a MBR partition HFS+ journaled , then install as usual, Then install Chameleon , Extra_Lion and Kexts on HD
- Bootloader - Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r755
- DSDT created by DSDT autopacher
- Kexts used : fakesmc.kext,NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, ElliotForceLegacyRTC.kext (needed to avoid Bios Reset)
- Audio - VoodooHDA.kext v. 2.62 (x86_64).
- Video - no Kext - com.apple.Boot.plist - Graphics Mode=1280x1024x32 - GraphicsEnabler=Yes
- SATA - AHCI in BIOS (Set by default on BIOS)
- Ethernet - IntelE1000.kext
- Sleep & Wakeup : Works , no Kext needed
- OSX Lion start in 64 bit kernel by default 
- Best Regards by PippoX0
Dell Vostro 430
|Dell Vostro 430
- Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 @2.80GHz
- RAM: 6GB 1333MHz DDR3
- xMove + Multibeast used.
- Two SATA Hard disk (because I want to change the one where Snow Leopard was). HD #1 Snow leopard 10.6.8. HD #2 Two partitions (Lion, and Lion installer prepared by xMove).
- Use the last version of Multibeast (3.8) in order to have the last bootloader (with the 3.7.2 the Lion installer causes Kernel panic at reboot).
- From Snow Leopard 10.6.8 working installation use xMove and write Lion installer partition (remember to mount InstallESD.dmg or xMove will fail) on #2 drive. Reboot and select the partition written by xMove. The installation will be normal.
- At the end of the installation reboot, I was unable to boot my new Lion, so boot in the old Snow Leopard and run Multibeast to make the new drive bootable and fix a few things -> Multibeast options - Easybeast, VooodoHDA 0.2.1, set Apple model to 11.1.
- Reboot and select the hard disk where you have installed Lion. It will boot normally and your Lion will be up and running.
- USB: All work.
- Graphics: NVidia GTS 240 1024mb DDR3. Works with QE/CI via DVI. Only one monitor works.
- Ethernet: Onboard Broadcom BCM57780 doesn't work. Used Apple USB ethernet adapter.
- Audio: Onboard work with VooodoHDA 0.2.1.
|| 32/64bit working with patches
- BIOS updated : September, 06 2010
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.7 Ghz
- Memory : 2GB of Ram - 1333 Mhz (DDR3)
- VGA : nVidia Geforce 8400 GS 512 MB
- Audio : Full working
- Network Full working
- Graphic Full working with QE/CI
- Monitor : Hp w1707 with connect by DVI Cable
- Hard Disk : Seagate 1TB
- Installed 10.7 Final on Mac App Store by Hackboot v6.2 CD
- Use hackboot v6.2 to boot EFI first and then install by tut split my HD with new partition (10GB) to restore install InstallESD.dmg on that disk to install.
- Bootloader - Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r1191 [VS] (Tested on July 20, 2011)
- DSDT created by DSDT autopacher and it's so amazing :)
- Audio - Voodoo HDA 0.2.62 (x86_64) driver Modded to link from Speaker to PCM with Volume Control worked perfectly.
- Video - nVidia Geforce 8400 GS 512 MB (works with nVEnabler64.kext)
- SATA - AHCI in BIOS (Set up default on BIOS)
- Ethernet - AtherosL1Cthernet.kext (the below link it's lastest version to fix any random kernel Panic).
- Sleep & Wakeup : Works perfectly, no need to install SleepEnable.kext !
- Here all my file with GA-G41M-Combo for Lion:  (Found on a haft of day to take full files)
- Default Lion will be using 64 bit kernel