List Of Programs Running In Darwine
Here, you may list programs that run in Darwine. Please leave in details reguarding your method of installation. Some procedures thus far have been installing in Windows and pointing Darwine to the .exe on the Windows installation, or installing directly through Darwine.
 Don't Forget the OFFICIAL Wine Application Database
Please go to the official Wine Application Database.
 Working Applications in Darwine
Make sure to add your OS version, Darwine version, and any specific patches you may have applied. Please add a user comment box with the <pre> tags when giving feedback on working applications.
- "Copy Files" = Program's installer fails, but if you can aquire the program's main .exe and other files (copy it over from Windows), it will run.
- "Stand-alone" = Program is an extremely simple .exe file and requires no installer or additional files to run.
- "Installer" = Program uses an installer, and will install successfully for some.
- "User Comments" = Feedback from users; may show useful tidbits for installing.
- ACDSee32 2.21 - User Comments:
Works well. Program was installed on the windows hard drive in XP. Accessed the executable in the ACDsee folder in the Program Files directory. Ran it in OSx86 with Darwine. No problems.
- Adaware 1.06 SE (Installer)
(Updates must be done manually)
- Adaware SE (Installer)
- Adobe Photoshop 6
Installer runs as normal, as does application.
- Agent News Reader 3.0
- Any Image Converter (Copy Files)
- Bitspirit (Installer)
No connection to internet
- Babya Logic (Installer)
Babya Logic works fine in 10.4.7
Some information missing.
- Dynamic C 8.61
Seems to work fine, must be copied to your drive_c directory. Need to use a different font than the default. Haven't tried exporting to a controller.
- Emule (Copy Files) - User Comments:
Everything works. Kad works, searching works, downloading works, etc. I was rather surprised on how well everything worked.
- FlashFXP 2.0 (Installer)
- Gens+ (Standalone)
Sound doesn't work. And it won't work, even if you get winecoreaudio.drv to work, unless you implement DirectSound support.
- HDTVtoMPEG2 (Standalone)
Does not detect drive
- IrfanView (Stand-alone)
- Isilo 4.31 (Stand-alone)
Works almost 100%. OSX 10.4.5 (Installed in windows XP pro x64). Clue: I thought it would be better to install the program in compatibility mode in XP, as win98 I believe, probably makes things a little easier for Darwine.
- Isobuster (with Installation)
Works pretty good
- mIRC (Until you connect to a network) : New !! Workaround : disable autoconnect, close the window and manually click on the thunder icon (tested and works with mirc 6.0). Works fine with Wine 0.9.15 with autoconnect.
- MS Calculator (Stand-alone)
- MS FreeCell (Stand-alone)
- Microsoft Gif Animator (Stand-alone)
- Microsoft Visual Foxpro 9
(Don�t try to install it, just copy the folders to your machine and then it's ready to work)
- Mines (Stand-alone)
- Newsbin Pro 4.3 (Installer)
- Notepad (Stand-alone)
- Notepad 2 (Stand-alone)
- Opera 5.11 (Installer) - User Comments:
Runs great. Unfortunately for me the right and left click are switched on the mouse.
- Paint - User Comments:
download http://www.pcnineoneone.com/tweaks/Paint95.zip and get the dll (put the dll in same dir as the .exe) from here http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/download.php?mfc42download0UGmXGYMhO
run smoother than iphoto with an unaccelerated gpu
- Pinball (WinNT\2k\XP) (Stand-alone)
- Prestosoft ExamDiff Pro 3.0
- ProgressQuest (Stand-alone)
- Putty (Stand-alone)
- REALbasic 2006 r1
Installs, but you need a key for it.
- Resource Hacker (Stand-alone)
- Solitaire (Stand-alone)
- SpaceMonger (Stand-alone)
- TXLINE (stand-alone)
TXline is an easy-to-use, Windows-based, interactive transmission line calculator for the analysis and synthesis of transmission line structures. TXline lets users enter either physical characteristics or electrical characteristic for common transmission medium such as: Microstrip, Stripline, Coplanar Waveguide, Grounded Coplanar WG, Slotline.
- Ultimate Paint 1.91f (Installer)
Freeware from http://www.woundedmoon.org/win32/ultimatepaint191f.html, click on the installer, and it is installed without incident. One issue I noticed is that when you click on the file menu, an error message pops up. Click "OK" and you can use the file menu. Please note that I copied extensive dll's from a windows machine (specifically from system and system32 folders)
- UltraISO Media Edition 126.96.36.1990 (Installer)
- WinRAR (Installer)
- WinZip (Installer)
- Winamp (Copy Files)
- Windows Media Player 5 (Stand-alone)
- mIRC (Installer)
- �Torrent 1.1.3 (Stand-alone)
- �Torrent 1.6.x (Installer)
- EnGarde 8
- StarEdit (from starcraft) . . .
 Non-functional Applications
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 (installer starts, but stops after registration info)
- AIM (versions 1-5, none work)
- Any XP-only app
- Autocad R14
- Autocad 2005
- BitComet, asks for MSXML 3.0 which cannot be installed.
- CDisplay installs but doesn't work
- DirectX 9.0c
Fails to install on a Mac mini Core Solo (10.4.7 with Wine 0.9.15), setup can't install on this architecture
- DVD Shrink 3.2
- ePrompter installs, doesn't run
- ExactAudioCopy (EAC)
- FlashFXP 3.02-3.2 freezes on connection with any server.
- FooBar2000 installs but can't play files
- Google Talk
- GrabIt installs but won't run, crashes on loading the main gui
- Heroes of Might and Magic 3
- Heroes 4
- ID3-TagIT 2.3.4 errors on install
- ID3-TagIT 3 installs but wont run, needs .NET
- IrfanView Installation
- Magic Online won't install, and running a version copied from Windows (magic1.exe) gives "The MSS DLL is incorrectly installed in the windows system directory"
- Magix Music Studio (Installer)
Fails to install on a Mac mini Core Solo (10.4.7 with Wine 0.9.15)
- Mario Forever installed no picture
- MPEG2Repair has a runtime error
- MSN 7.0
- phase 5 Installation
- POPPeeper installs, runs but fails to get conection to net
- Snood installed no picture
- SpyBot SD 1.4
Skype 188.8.131.52 install fine in darwine 0.9.10 x86, but running the application gives runtime error 216 at 00404136
- Theme Park Inc.
- Trillian 3.1
- Ufo (nur Installation geht)[English: Only installation works]
- UltraVNC Viewer
- Unofficial Stand-Alone Internet Explorer
- Visual Basic 6.0
- VLC for windows platform ver 0.85 (self extracting installer)
- Winamp Installation
- Windows Media Player 10 (Installation startet gar nicht)[English: Installation does not start at all]
- WinRar (nur Installation funktioniert)[English: Only installation works]
- Yahoo Instant Messenger 7.0
 Darwine Problems
- Cannot edit the config file ./winecfg runs but doesnt output to the config file (which we are still unable to locate)
- Solution: Just edit user.reg, then add [Software\\Wine] and save the file! Then HKEY_CURRENT_USER will bi writable by wine and by winecfg!
- It will fail on any application that checks the windows version
- Using WineCfg to set the version for a given executable usually fixes this problem.
It cannot load .DLL filesSometimes, wine can't find the DLLs. Loading is not a problem.
- Copying the right .dlls from the windows directory to the application's directory makes some apps work!
- However, a much more elegant solution is to actually tell WINE where to look for DLLs by setting the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.
- It won't work with applications that use OpenGL
Some speculate that Darwine will rapidly improve over the next few months. Since Apple OS X86 and Windows XP run on very similiar hardware, expect many cross-overs. Darwine may soon be able to run XP applications seamlessly in Aqua, such that it is comparable to Rosetta's ability to run PowerPC applications.
This page was last modified on 11 March 2012, at 00:57.
This page has been accessed 282,872 times.