PC-Chips K8 A31G Socket 754 w/AMD 64 Bit Sempron 3000+ SSE3
On board Video is VESA mode only. On board LAN does not work. On Board SATA does not work.
Using a GeForce 7300 GS 256Mb PCIe for Video On board Audio works with SiS 7012 Driver LAN uses a standard RealTek 8139 card
Runs fast after adding DEV ID into APPLEVIAATA.kext (taken from a post)
1. Edit /System/Library/Extensions/APPLEVIAATA.kext Right click -> Contents -> info.plist Add id in "VIA SATA Controller" id = 0x55131039 I did not delete all the other available id's, just added in my id as the first one.
2. In Terminal sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/APPLEVIAATA.kext sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/APPLEVIAATA.kext
3. Delete /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFAMILY.kext/Contents/Plugins/APPLEGENERICPCATA.kext
4. In Terminal sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFAMILY.kext sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFAMILY.kext This step is necessary, otherwise, APPLEGENERICPCATA.kext will be loaded upon SECOND reboot!
5. Delete /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache & Extensions.mkext
This page was last modified on 11 April 2008, at 15:09.
This page has been accessed 2,571 times.