Detailed recipes and specifications for Shuttle PC.
 Shuttle SG33G5
 iDeneb 10.5.7
iDeneb 10.5.7 works well on the SG33G5, though a few caveats and steps are required. However, compatibility is extremely strong
- Boot Loader: Chamelon 2 Depending on your desired setup
- Fix: Seatbelt Fix
- Fix: AppleSMBIOS: AppleSMBIOS 800 Mhz
- Fix: PowerOFF Fix OpenHaltRestart
- Kernel: 9.7.0 Vanilla
- Drivers: Chipset: ICHX Fixed
- Drivers: Network: Ethernet: AppleYukon2
- Drivers: Audio: ALC888: ALC888 Patched by Taruga: 6Ports Digital
- Drivers: Video: Intel: Intel GMAX3100
Some cleanup may be required:
- To mount network drives, you need to fix the broken afpfs.kext symbolic link in /System/Library/Filesystems - to fix: cd /System/Library/Filesystems; rm afpfs.kext; ln -s /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/afpfs.kext .
 Additional Cards
The SG33G5 is equipped with a PCIe x16 and standrad PCI slot. In order to use the PCIe x16 slot for video, you must swap the J4 jumpers. Per the advice on the Shuttle site, turn the jumpers upside down as then tend to shake loose easily, causing you countless hours of useless troubleshooting.
 PCIe x16 nVidia GeForce 9500 GT
As of mid-2009, the 9500 drivers need to be installed separately, but first the default OEM drivers need to be moved out of the way. Even safe mode will fail to render a screen.
- Install as above, however don't choose any Video Drivers (not even nVidia)
- Boot to single user mode ( "-s" startup option )
- Mount the boot drive: /sbin/mount -uw /
- Move the OEM drivers out of the way: mv /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV* /Users/Shared/
- reboot, you should now start up cleanly
- Follow these instructions from this insanely mac thread by downloading the updated 256MB, 512MB or 1024MB kext files, while these instructions specify they are for 10.5.6, they work fine on 10.5.7 . . . . . . .
 Shuttle K45
Notes: Fixing sleep on the K45
- add EHCISleepEnabler.kext
- Edit /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEHCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist, add
<key>CFBundleVersion</key> <string>3.1.5</string> . .
This page was last modified on 24 November 2010, at 03:27.
This page has been accessed 11,637 times.