Switching from XOM to Boot Camp
In order to move to Apple's new Boot Camp Windows installation platform, you must first remove the 'XOM' solution. Follow these steps to get your Mac ready for Boot Camp:
- Backup your files on both OS X and Windows partitions
- Boot into your OS X install disc and use Disk Utility to delete all partitions on your drive
- Using Disk Utility again, create an HFS partition that fills the entire drive
- Install OS X again
- Update OS X to 10.4.6
- Make sure your firmware is updating by downloading the Firmware Restoration CD v 1.0, burning it, and booting with it (see About the Firmware Restoration CD).
- Download Boot Camp, and follow the instructions to install XP
This page was last modified on 9 June 2010, at 01:27.
This page has been accessed 43,722 times.