ACER 5620Z - Retail DVD Installation
 Extensa 5620z -Core 2 Duo T5550 1.83GHz
System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.6 (9G55) | Kernel Version: Darwin 9.6.0 | Bootloader: Chameleon 2.0rc | Install Method: Leopard Retail DVD 10.5.1 + Combo Update 10.5.6
My install is an adaptation of Karaakeha�s tutorial ---> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76404 I replaced my LACIE usb external hd with the laptops drive. Using my MBP I installed the Chameleon 2.0rc EFI Bootloader, my Retail DVD 10.5.1 which i bought for my MBP (had made a DMG of it earlier) and Combo Update 10.5.6 DMG to the destination HD. Using the Terminal i removed the following kexts from the install HDs System/Library/Extensions folder
I manually removed these and copied replacement kexts:
- AppleACHIPort.kext (karaakehas tutorial 10.5.6 kexts)
- JMicronATA.kext (karaakehas tutorial 10.5.6 kexts)
- IOACHIFamily.kext (karaakehas tutorial 10.5.6 kexts)
- AppleSMBIOS,kext (karaakehas tutorial 10.5.6 kexts)
- dsmos.kext (karaakehas tutorial 10.5.6 kexts)
- AppleACPIPlatform.kext (cromatrons Acer 5220 tutorial zip --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77524&st=20)
- OpenHaltRestart.kext (karaakehas tutorial 10.5.6 kexts)
I repaired the Permissions and removed the harddrive from the LACIE USB-case and put it back in the laptop. Changed the MoBo to ACHI mode from BIOS and the laptop booted up nicely. Unfortunately the laptops keyboard & mouse wasn�t detected, so I had to use USB mouse and a USB keyboard to create the user account. Then it was time to find out how to get things working.
- Processor: Core 2 Duo T5550 @ 1.83GHz
- 2Gb 800MHz DDR2 memory
- VGA Intel GMA X3100 works (10.5.6 native)
- 160Gb 5400RPM Sata2 HD in ACHI mode (enabled in bios)
- Audio works and phones autosensing works with MadTux_collit99_ALC268_B.zip, Kabyl�s HDAEnabler + HDAEnabler.kext.zip ---> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=129485
- Laptop PowerManagement --> http://www.mediafire.com/?9sdnznzc2xj
- Trackpad (Synaptics) and keyboard --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=141093&st=163
- Trackpad pad prefpanel --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=142466
- Trackpad 2 finger scroll -->http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88811
- Broadcom 4324A aka 4312 aka device ID "4215" WIFI works --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=140056&view=findpost&p=993264
- Broadcom 5758G LAN Works with ---> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127903 ---> BUT DISABLES SLEEP!!! I removed this since i don�t need LAN.
- PCMCIA cardbus works with Chunnans fix rev8 but disables sleep function
- Shutdown / Restart works with OpenHaltRestart.kext
- Sleep indeed works - but Wake up sometimes screws up the keyboard and WIFI never restarts ( these should be fixable)
- Bluetooth native with Cubix Tiny Bluetooth Dongle for 9€
What doesn't work
- Sleep disables WIFI and sometimes keyboard functionality
- Texas instruments 803c 5in1 sd-cardreader (driver should be possible to make) Chunnans fix shows the bus in System Profiler
- LAN-fix and PCMCIA-fix disables Sleep functionality.
"NOTICE" - You can update everything using Apple Software Update but the Airport-updates break the WIFI so you have to do the fix again. Also the 2finger scroll might break so you might have to do the fix again. . . . . . .
This page was last modified on 26 April 2009, at 01:25.
This page has been accessed 18,902 times.