This is a hardware compatibility list for portable computers. We want to keep it as accurate as possible, but please, do not entirely rely on this list when buying a portable computer. Don't forget to add how you got OSx86 running on your portable x86 computer, and to use proper English. Please see the discussion page for proper instructions on how to input your system specs. Also, please contribute to the HCL 10.7.1 page, which should list a more granular view of compatibility. If your computer isn't listed, you should try it if you have a SSE2 or higher processor. Use vanilla kernel if it is supported.
- ONLY add hardware that you have TESTED. Don't add hardware just because you think it might work.
- Please add hardware into tables.
- This is for 10.7.1 builds only.
Please list your computers in alphabetical order by manufacturer (Asus, Acer, Dell, HP, etc)
For how to edit the Wiki, please see this thread. Thank you!
|Processor||Intel Core 2 Duo T9400||Yes||Out the Box|
|SATA||ICH9M SATA AHCI||Yes||Out the Box|
|Graphics||nVidia GeForce 9800M GTS||Yes||Out of box|
|Audio||HDA ALC662||Yes||Patched AppleHDA|
|Wireless||Intel WiFi 5100 AGN||No||Not working (Change to native Atheros AR5BXB92)|
|USB||ICH9M Family||Yes||Out the Box|
|Ethernet||Realtek RTL8169||Yes||Out of box (with old kext from SL)|
|Battery||Integrated||Yes||VoodooBattery and old ACPIPlatform|
|FireWire||Jmicron FireWire||Yes||Out the Box|
|Bluetooth||Cambridge Silicon Radio||Yes||Out of box|
|Web Camera||BisonCam, NB Pro||Yes||Out of box|
|Card Reader||Jmicron Card Reader||Mb yes||No|
Not native kexts: AppleACPIPlatform (from SL for battery), AppleHDA (from SL), FakeSMC (NVClockX, IntelCPUMonitor),RTL8169 (from SL), VoodooPS2Controller, VoodooBattery
You can use this M860TU specific guide, or
- Install 10.7
- Install latest chameleon from kexts.com or from my kit
- Use my full working Kit (DSDT, boot.plist, smbios) Clevo M860TU Kit
- All work good, like in Snow Leopard. One problem, BIOS reset after sleep, RTC kext need to patch binary but i think it doesn't matter.
- Full working in 64-bit mode
- Speedstep, hpet,lpc, smbus, bt sleep and fixes in dsdt
- Geekbench: 4000, xBench: 220
- Its guid works only with Clevo M860TU with nVidia GeForce 9800GTS. If you have some graphics card, you need to delete or correction GFX0 section in my DSDT or use GraphicsEnabler/NVEnabler
Warning: Update you BIOS to latest for chipset AHCI support.
For other information or thanks, contact with me, Paul: [email protected]
HP Pavillon DV6000
- Working as good as SL this laptop.
- Install Method: from 10.7.0 update results in kernel panic SOLUTION : reboot from installer usb replace mack-kernel, remove sleepenabler and AppleHDA.
- Bootloader: Chameleon as in Tuto, install prefpanel to add graphicsenabler & other stuff
- Kernel: mach Kernel. 32-bit Kernel and extensions.
- Kexts: FakeSMC, VoodooHDA, VoodooPS2 (SL 2.7.1),.
- Issues: mouse usb needed on intall setup, usb keyboard on restart (weird just plug/unplug then integrated keyb works) / bluetooth assistant on startup (as if no keyboard) uncheck in bluetooth assistant advanced 2 first options.
- Other: .
|Processor||Intel Core 2 Duo||Yes||32-bit Kernel and Extensions.|
|Graphics||Intel GMA950||Yes||After trials, smbios from SL Works Great Full Res, QE CI|
|Audio||HDA||Yes||Use VoodooHDA works as well. Volume control keys ok, but no microphone.|
|Wireless||intel 3945||No||Never Worked .|
|Ethernet||IntelproVE||Yes||used SL AppleIntel8255x.kext "10928086"|
|USB EHCI & UHCI|
|Trackpad||Synaptics PS/2 Port Compatible TouchPad||Yes||VoodooPS2 in the kext pack. Multitouch works.|
|Webcam||2.0 Megapixel integrated webcam.||Yes||Native support|
|Battery||Integrated||Yes||VoodooBattery Lion (kexts also included) for menu bar display|
|Firewire||Firewire manufacturer unknown||Yes||Native|