This is a component level hardware compatibility list. We want to keep it as accurate as possible, but please, do not entirely rely on this list when buying hardware. Add which parts you have working in the categories listed below, or create a new category. Please keep alphabetical order inside the categories. The categories themselves are ordered by popularity. Please list any caveats or problems as well.
- ONLY add hardware that you have TESTED. Don't add hardware just because you think it might work.
- Please add hardware into tables.
- This is for 10.8.0 builds only.
For how to edit the Wiki, please see this thread. Thank you!
You're looking for an Installation guide? see here
|| 32/64bit working with patches
|Intel DG31PR (Bios 0071)
||Intel G31 ICH7
- Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6600
- Chipset Intel G31
- NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB GDDR2 (GraphicsEnabler)
- Audio ALC888
- RTL8111GR integrated Gigabit Ethernet
- Wi-Fi - USB Encore ENUWI-N3 (Driver USB RT2870)
|Installation method: and EXTRA
- Shutdown / Reboot
- Mac App Store / iCloud
- Graphics acceleration QE / CI
- OS X Mountain Lion GM
- CPU: Intel core i3 540 @ 3.07GHz
- GPU: Zotac GeForce 8400GS 512MB DDR3
- RAM: 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz Kingston
- ODD: LG GH22NS30
- Keyboard: USB
- Mouse: USB
- All works well (onboard sound - not tested as I use a Creative SoundBlaster USB soundcard)
- Zotac GeForce 8400GS works OOB with graphics enabler=yes. Tested HDMI only, resolution at 2048x1152
- As with Lion, at shutdown, the OS shuts down, but the computer stays running (seems to be a problem with Intel boards)
- Followed tutorial Here
- SMBIOS Mac Pro 3.1
NOTE: also installs easily with MyHack following default prompts
- Intel Core 2 Duo E7400
- Chipset Intel G31
- NVIDIA GeForce GT240 1GB GDDR5 (GraphicsEnabler)
- Audio ALC888 (Modified AppleHDA and HDAEnabler courtesy of Elad Nava)
- RTL8111GR integrated Gigabit Ethernet (Official Realtek AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext)
- Mountain Lion 10.8 Retail (App Store version)
- Used FakeSMC, Elad's HDAEnabler, Chameleon, GraphicsEnabler, and PS2 keyboard and mouse kexts. ML was pre-cooked using MyHack prior to installation.
- Mac App Store
- Graphics acceleration (2D/3D)
- Most applications including Adobe Premiere (as using graphics injectors like NVDarwin seems to crash the latter)
- Peripherals such as printers (namely an Epson L100 and an HP Deskjet all-in-one) work normally
- Sleep mode powers down the system rather than putting it to sleep as intended.
- CPU: Intel core i7 950 3.07GHz (Stock)
- GPU: Radeon Sapphire 5770 Vapour-x 1GB DDR5 (Works with GE = YES or NO)
- RAM: 6GB DDR3 1333MHz
- Wifi- DLink DWA 125 (Ralink Driver)
- Retail Install
- BootLoader : Chamaleon 2.1 RC5 r1820
- smbios.plist (Mac Pro 4.1)
- Everything works flawless. Video, Audio, Lan , Firewire, Wifi
- Power Management works with no Kext.
- Shutdown and Sleep works with no Kext.
- Geekbench: 11.000 aprox.
- Cinebench: 6 aprox.
- GPU 37 Fps
Patches: DTGP, IRQS, SBUS, SHUTDOWN, LPC ICH10, REMOVED DEVICES, MUTE, AHCI ORANGE ICON, AZAL TO HDEF, HDEF, ALC889
||Intel G41 (ICH7)
||* BIOS: Ver 17 2011
- Install Method: clean install onto a NEW Partition, xMove+Multibeast 
- CPU: Intel E7500 core 2 Duo 2.93GHz
- MotherBoard: Intel DG41RQ (perfect board)
- Video: ASUS GeForce 210 1GB DDR3 - works OOB (QE/CI)
- RAM: DDR2 800Mhz 2GBx2
- DVD: LG DVD-RW SATA
- HDD: WD 500GBx2 SATA
- Monitor 19 LCD: VGA
- onboard Ethernet - works
- onboard Audio - Not working (Using $2 USB Sound card from ebay)
- MultiBeast with Custom DSDT
- DSDT generated by MaLd0n's DSDT Auto-Patcher
- Audio - Using USB sound card (try VoodooHDA 0.2.6.1 or 0.2.5.6 mostly causes KP in ML)
- Ethernet - Check Lnx2Mac's Realtek RTL81xx Driver in Multibeast 4.6
- keyboard&Mouse - Logitech k200 KB & Microsoft m100 Mose works OOB (ps\2 Key Mouse try Voodoops2controller (32 bit only) in Multibeast 4.0)
- Video - ASUS Geforce 210 1GB (works OOB with GraphicsEnabler=Yes)(QE/CI)
- PCI Configuration begin - no just stays for 10sec and boots up
- Monitor 19: VGA Fixed to [email protected] Using ConfigX
- Sleep & Wakeup - not Working
- BIOS SETUP - 1. Load default on BIOS, 2.Setup drive mode Legacy and SATA only, 3.Boot->UEFI->Enable
- I have dual boot windows and LION on GPT, windows7 was already installed
- LAN, Graphics Perfectly contact [email protected]