How to install OSx86
- general: rundown on installation methods, understanding basic funtions not step-by-step guide - more in-depth ressources linked
- for reference: "old" methods - list ready-to-go-distros
EFI / "Munkey"
- modifications preloaded - bootloader: chameleon -» most up-to-date, feature-rich and actively developed solution
- based on EFI, bootloader "emulates" EFI - advantage: "vanilla" os x install, can be easily updated
- actual EFI setup not required with chameleon, can store files on osx partition - advantage real EFI partition managed by Chameleon: seperated from osx install, modifying/reinstallation while keeping perosnal quirks more convenient - can also be done with chameleon files on osx partition (backing up chameleon files, reinstall, copy)
MBR vs GPT
== Multiboot == .