How to install OSx86
- general: rundown on installation methods, understanding basic funtions not step-by-step guide
- more in-depth ressources linked
- for reference: "old" methods
- list ready-to-go-distros
EFI / "Munkey"
- modifications preloaded - bootloader: chameleon
-» most up-to-date, feature-rich and actively developed solution
- other bootloaders?
- based on EFI, bootloader "emulates" EFI - advantage: "vanilla" os x install, can be easily updated
- actual EFI setup not required with chameleon, can store files on osx partition
- advantage real EFI partition managed by Chameleon: seperated from osx install, modifying/reinstallation while keeping perosnal quirks more convenient
- can also be done with chameleon files on osx partition (backing up chameleon files, reinstall, copy) . . .
MBR vs GPT
== Multiboot == .