How to install OSx86 with Chameleon 2
- general: rundown on installation methods, understanding basic funtions not step-by-step guide
- more in-depth ressources linked
- for reference: "old" methods
- list ready-to-go-distros
- modifications preloaded by bootloader - bootloader: chameleon
- advantage: "vanilla" os x install, can be easily updated - KISS, all patches etc in one place -» most up-to-date, feature-rich and actively developed solution
- based on EFI, bootloader "emulates" EFI - actual EFI setup not required with chameleon, can store files on osx or other partition
- real EFI partition managed by Chameleon: seperated from osx install, osx install can be wiped while keeping perosnal quirks in place - but: adds on complexity
- can also be done with chameleon files on osx partition (backing up chameleon files, reinstall, copy) . . . .
1. boot with chameleon 2. install from retail disc 3. install chameleon
MBR vs GPT
== Multiboot == . . .
_______________________ windows 7 and vista not installing / not booting on gpt disk with mbr bios win xp no gpt support
Can Chameleon chainload grub from logical partition? Chainload Windows on logical?
7 / . .